Saturday, June 12, 2004

against CHRISTIANITY - Peter Leithart

In this short work Peter Leithart smashes evangelical notions of culture, church, and state with a freakin’ bigmomma sledge hammer. But, thankfully, he doesn’t leave the reader thinking “ouch, I quit” instead he reveals a much larger vision of Christian society one that is in agreement with N.T. Wright’s categories of stories, symbols, praxis, and theology. This book reminds me of New-Christiandom ideas that I’ve found scattered on the internet yet it is different at a few levels. Leithart tends to be more politically minded and lacking in his concern for the arts and culture. Never-the-less this is a great book if you can follow his no show kick your ass reasoning skills. I was stuck re-reading a good portion of just so I could “get it”. It’s most assuredly a different way at looking at this world, one that, in my opinion, is good and refreshing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|